Photobucket

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Drums Keep Pounding a Rhythm to the Brain

Tomorrow is my birthday, I'm going to be 26. Which is okay with me, although it does put me a little closer to 30, which I'm not gonna lie, kinda freaks me out. I mean, I can remember when my mom turned 30, I don't feel old enough to remember that long ago..

So you know when you hear a song, and its like so good, and you wonder why you haven't been listening to that band the whole dang time? I'm having that moment with Muse. And I've listened to Muse in the past, they are good. But it was always a band that I kind of have to be in the mood for. And then the Twilight Soundtrack fell into my possession. And the first song is Supermassive Black Hole by Muse. And its possible that I cannot live without this song for the rest of my life, it's that freaking awesome.

----------

Supermassive Black Hole by Muse

Oh baby don't you know I suffer?
Oh baby can you hear me moan?
You caught me under false pretences
How long before you let me go?

You set my soul alight
You set my soul alight

(You set my soul alight)
Glaciers melting in the dead of night
And the superstars sucked into the supermassive

(You set my soul alight)
Glaciers melting in the dead of night
And the superstars sucked into the 'supermassive'

I thought I was a fool for no-one
Oh baby I'm a fool for you
You're the queen of the superficial
And how long before you tell the truth

You set my soul alight
You set my soul alight

(You set my soul alight)
Glaciers melting in the dead of night
And the superstars sucked into the supermassive

(You set my soul alight)
Glaciers melting in the dead of night
And the superstars sucked into the 'supermassive'

Supermassive black hole
Supermassive black hole
Supermassive black hole
Supermassive black hole

----------

I'm only sorry that I cannot put the music into this post, because its so good, well good is not the right word. The music freaking awesome. I've been trying to get my husband to listen to it, but he's into like, Godsmack, and Metallica, and Disturbed, that kind of stuff. This song makes me want to check out more of Muse.

What song has gotten to you lately?

1 comment:

  1. Zanzibar by billy joel. I don't know why, but when i was cooking dinner one night i turned on my cd player and it was on that song. I have had to listen to it everyday since then.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, you might as well comment right! And honestly, I love comments. They get sent directly to my email, which I of course get on my phone because I am addicted to your comments.