Photobucket

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Yum Yum, Eat 'Em Up

I told you all yesterday that I was thinking about giving you the recipe to my most favorite meal.. And you'll be glad to know that I've decided to go ahead and do that! There's not really a name for this recipe, I just call it Chicken and Rice and Mushrooms (real creative, I know!).. On some of the ingredients, I don't know the measurements, because I've just been making it for such a long time, I can eye ball it.

Chicken and Rice and Mushrooms


Ingredients:

1 pkg Chicken Breasts
1 pkg Sliced Mushrooms (or you can slice them yourself)
32 oz Chicken Broth
Rice (I like brown rice, but my husband doesn't, so we use white rice, either works)
Soy Sauce
Ground Ginger

Dice the chicken into bit size squares, and put in a large skillet. Add a little chicken broth and soy sauce, just enough to saute the chicken with.




Saute until the chicken is done. Add the rest of the chicken broth and some soy sauce (add the soy sauce to taste, but remember that you're going to put it over rice, which will make it taste more bland). Cover and simmer on medium low.



In another pot, boil water. (haha, here's a picture, in case you're confused.) Made your rice according to the directions on the package.



While your rice is cooking, add your sliced mushrooms to the skillet. I usually wait til theres about 5-7 minutes left on the rice, so the mushrooms will stay kind of firm. Sprinkle some ground ginger in as well, again, just to taste.

 

After your rice is done, and your mushrooms are how you like them, its ready to eat! Put some rice in a bowl, and put the chicken and mushrooms on top of it. I add a lot of the broth juice, so its like soup.



Its so good. Its also very hot. I always burn my tongue when I make this. And theres usually plenty for leftovers. Delish!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read it, you might as well comment right! And honestly, I love comments. They get sent directly to my email, which I of course get on my phone because I am addicted to your comments.