Photobucket

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Bowling For Freakin Soup

Hello my fine feathered friends (okay, and you un-feathered friends as well)!

As you well know by now.. My most favorite band ever (EVER) is Bowling For Soup. I've seen them live several times. I've gotten their autographs, I've spoken to them, JARET REDDICK follows me on Twitter.

No, seriously. He does.

So the last time I saw them live was in September of 2006. So, at least forever ago. Not because I stopped liking them, but because my head (migraine-city!) has gotten so much worse as I got older, I didn't want to chance it literally exploding at a rock show. But when I saw that they were coming to the Tower Theater here in OKC, and that the tickets were so reasonably priced, I took a chance. I convinced the husband to go with me, and bought tickets.

And since I'm not currently writing this blog post from beyond the grave, you can safely assume that my head did not explode, shooting brain matter all over the other concert goers.



It. Was. Amazing.




If you've ever seen them live before, you know what a fantastic live show they put on. They're so engaging with the audience, funny as fuck, and their songs sound just as good live as they do on the albums. I'm going to put a few videos that I took. And before you start lecturing me about Millennials and not just enjoying the moments, and blah blah blah.. You should know that I took these videos of a few of my favorite songs for me to enjoy later. I didn't take them just to post online and get likes and all that stuff everyone things every person in my generation is about.

The song Almost..


Girl All The Bad Guys Want..


Belgium, one of my most favorites by them, and I was beyond glad to hear them play it live again.. The do so many different versions of this song. The acoustic one is fantastic, the polka one is hysterical.


And finally, Turbulence. I honestly can't tell you how much this song moves me. I'm not embarrassed to say that I teared up, and a few of those tears fell, so I guess technically, I was crying, while they were playing this song..


The whole time leading up to the show, I was dead set on getting a t-shirt at the show. I made sure I had enough money for a shirt. I had the shirt picked out that I wanted. And when I got up to the merch table, I saw it. The best thing I could have ever seen. The wind blew and the angels sang (get it?! haha!).. It was a book. A book of their complete lyrics. Signed by Jaret that morning.


Dudes. Lady Dudes. I was verklempt. I was literally crying again. It. Is. Perfect. The husband looked at me like I was nuts, and I couldn't explain why I was so overcome with emotion. I just was. Music is so important to me. I'm a lyric addict, lyric quoter, lyric lover. I use them for everything. They speak to my soul. So wasn't upset at not getting a t-shirt. 

And just for fun, I got proof that the husband did, in fact, have a good time. He was smiling through most of the show. 


Honesty, it was the best night I've had in a long time. It made my heart and soul so happy to see them live again, to experience live music again, to just be in that atmosphere. 

I'm still smiling about it. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read it, you might as well comment right! And honestly, I love comments. They get sent directly to my email, which I of course get on my phone because I am addicted to your comments.