Photobucket

Monday, May 18, 2009

Hodge Podge

The doctor last week went good I think. He asked a lot of questions, a lot about what triggers my headaches, what triggers my stress and anxiety, how I sleep at night, what kind of medicines I've tried in the past. We decided to change the anxiety med to Prozac, which he says will also help in preventing migraines, since it does something to the serotonin levels. He was very technical about it, all I needed to hear was that most of his patients see 70% improvement with their migraines. SEVENTY PERCENT. Can you even imagine? So, I started that this weekend, even though some people I know had objections to Prozac, saying "Well my kid took it and they were suicidal". Well that probably happened because your kid was a kid. I am not. I am 26 years old. And I am well aware of how I feel and act, so I'm not worried about that at all. I'm looking forward to not having a headache every day of my life. The doctor also said that this is a medication that I can take during pregnancy if I need to. So that was good news, even though we're not to that point yet.





So, the weather here has just been rainy and uncool, especially since is mid-May. It could be worse, I could live up north where it could still be snowing. But I am ready to go swimming. The pool at my apartments has been open since April 1st, and there hasn't been a day nice and warm enough to go out there! Hello Weather, lets get this taken care of already! This whole week its supposed to be nice, so hopefully I'll get a chance to get out there. And this coming weekend is a 3 day weekend, so that will be nice to spend it relaxed by the pool. And maybe accidentally get a tan. : )





Last Friday was my 8 monthiversary. What a glorious 8 months its been! My husband is really awesome, he makes me laugh everyday. Even on days that I don't feel like laughing, he'll do something or say something that just cracks me up. The other day day he put his Dallas Cowboys Fringy blanket on his head and goes "Babe, doesn't this look like a king's crown?" and I look over at him to see this:








How can you not laugh? I love him so much, he keeps me sane. He reminds me as that all the things I stress out over aren't really that bad. And when I am being dramatic, he tells me that its not as big a deal as I think. He gets that I have bad migraines, but he doesn't try to understand how I feel. He doesn't get offended when I have to spend the whole day and night in bed in quiet, he does the dishes for me on his day off. He write me little notes to remind me that he appreciates what I do for him and around the house. He's just amazing. My penguin. : )

Mushy enough? Jeez. lol.

That is all for today, have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read it, you might as well comment right! And honestly, I love comments. They get sent directly to my email, which I of course get on my phone because I am addicted to your comments.