Photobucket

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Hi! I know, I've been a blog slacker lately, but I've been working on my sister's baby shower, and its taken up all my time and creativity right now. Her shower is next Sunday, so after that I should be good. And expect a blog post including the video I made for her.

Today, obviously, its Father's Day. I've never really been a fan of this day. Yah, when I lived with my grandparents, I got to celebrate it with my Poppy, but it just wasn't quite the same. My Poppy was the most important male figure in my life. My father hasn't been around since I was like, a year and a half I think. I've met him exactly 3 times that I can remember. I can count the amount of letters and cards (combined) he's sent me (and my sister) on both hands. He always ALWAYS writes something along the lines of "Sorry I haven't written, I'm really bad at procrastinating." At 27, I get it. He doesn't write. I don't need excuses. At some point, he made a choice that I was very low on his priority list. And while I'm not okay with that, I have to deal with it. I can't change who he is.

I do want to say Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers who are acting participants in their kid's life. Its hard work, and even harder if theres a separation involved. I commend you fathers who are getting it done. Who aren't taking the easy way out. Who realize that whether it was an accident or not, you have this awesome responsibility, and even greater privilege. Your kids will grow into the person they are based on what you or do not do. So take pride in yourselves knowing that you are doing it. You are amazing, and you rock hard. Don't forget that.

And don't screw it up.

On a lighter note, if you're not a father, and you wondering how to become one.. Grease 2 can give you the basics. Enjoy : )




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. omg. i don't think i've ever seen grease 2. i may have to check it out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothers Day is tough for me. I was really blessed with a very involved and loving Father. But my mom? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, you might as well comment right! And honestly, I love comments. They get sent directly to my email, which I of course get on my phone because I am addicted to your comments.