Photobucket

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Did That Just Happen?

Today, as I was driving around town with my friend, I saw the end of a car chase. Let me paint the picture for you.

It was about 4:25pm. So the streets were plenty busy. We were the second car stopped at a stoplight, closest to the curb. I saw a white car come speeding through the intersection, hit the corner of the curb, go up into the air, and hit a pole or one of those metal boxes that are on the corners sometimes, and slam back to the ground.

Maybe I should pause here to explain a little bit about me.. if you don't know, I am.. emotional. When I pass a car wreck, I am immediately in tears. I'm concerned if the people are doing okay. Are they hurt? They must be so scared. And then someone is going to get a phone call about it, and they're going to be so freaked out and scared. So yah. Emotional.

So as I'm seeing the car crash into the corner, my first thought was "oh my goodness, are they okay?!" and my eyes are prickling with tears.

Then I see four cop cars coming right behind them, with their lights on, and I realize that this wasn't just a wreck, it was a chase! Less than two seconds later, the driver and passenger in the crashed car get out and start running away. RUNNING AWAY! The officers follow them in their cars into a parking lot just down the road. Like, we could still see everything that was happening. They got the two guys, tackled them to the ground and got them cuffed.

Then, 3 more police cars pull up and they are walking up to the crashed car with their guns drawn, seemingly to check to make sure there was no one else in the car. And then all I could think was "oh man, I HOPE there is no one in that car!". If there was, and they came out with a gun, and started shooting, and then the officers would probably have to shoot, and we were literally RIGHT THERE.

We finally got passed all of that. No one was shot (I'm fairly sure). I had so many emotions in that short amount of time, like, two minutes maybe, that it really shook me up. And hearing the car crash really shook me up. The whole event really shook me up.

As we were driving away, my friend goes "Did that really just happen?"

It did Teresa, it did.

And then I got to thinking.. How many car chases do people need to see before they realize that THEY DON'T END WELL FOR THE ONE BEING CHASED? And to follow up, if you're going to chance it and run, why would you do that in the start of rush hour traffic in the city?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read it, you might as well comment right! And honestly, I love comments. They get sent directly to my email, which I of course get on my phone because I am addicted to your comments.